- Lloyd, S.A., The Darkside of Courtship: Violence and Sexual Expoitation. Family Relations, Vol. 40, Issue 1 (1991)[Full text available on EBSCO Host: Accession Number: 9103183929]
Rape and Sexual Assault
RAPE is forced sexual intercourse, including both psychological coercion and physical force. Forced sexual intercourse means vaginal, anal or oral penetration by the offender(s). This category includes incidents where the penetration is from a foreign object. This definition includes attempted rapes, male and female victims, and heterosexual and homosexual rape.
SEXUAL ASSAULT includes a wide range of victimizations, distinct from rape or attempted rape. These crimes include completed or attempted attacks generally involving unwanted sexual contact between the victim and offender. Sexual assaults may or may not involve force and include such things as grabbing or fondling. Sexual assault also includes verbal threats.
- Contest and Consent: A Legal History of Marital Rape. Hasday, Jill Elaine. California Law Review; Oct2000, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p1373, 134p [Full text available on EBSCO Host: Accession Number: 3809692]
- Marital rape resource links at RAINN
- Christian Coalition Against Domestic Abuse
- Focus Ministries
- Peace and Safety in the Christian Home
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Battered Women’s Justice Project
- National Latino Alliance for the Elimination of Domestic Violence.
- Minnesota Program Development
- The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS)
2010 study: 1 in 4 women have been the victim of severe physical violence by an intimate partner while 1 in 7 men experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner.
- Fuller Seminary’s Sexual Harassment Policy[pdf]
- US Dept of Education, Office for Civil Rights
- Eradication of Sexual Harassment in The United Methodist Church and Society
- Sexual Harassment in the Church by Ellen Cavanaugh
Exploitation of Immigrants
War or Conflict Related Trauma
- Veteran Mental Health Issues
- Forced Migration
- Rape as a tool of war